community service grants
In view of the Covid-19 Pandemic and the impact it may have on the conduct of any community-based oral health programs seeking support funding, the Wrigley Global Giving Fund (“Mars Wrigley Foundation”) and Australian Dental Health Foundation (the Foundations) have decided that the Grants will not be awarded this year.
At this stage it is anticipated that the grants will take place next year.
Since 2011, the ADHF has partnered with Mars Wrigley Foundation to provide funding to support community-based oral health programs. The Community Service Grants are awarded to volunteer dentists and dental students, encouraging them to implement oral health community service, education, and preventative care in some of the highest risk and most disadvantaged communities across Australia. Multiple grants worth over $115,000 are provided annually to deserving projects.
The Wrigley Global Giving Fund (“Mars Wrigley Foundation”) and Australian Dental Health Foundation Community Service Grants program aims to help bridge the gap in access to oral care and services across Australia for communities in need.
- 12 x US$6,000 for registered licensed dental professionals or currently enrolled dentistry students
- 1 x US$10,000 for ‘Principles in Action’ Community Service Grant to help activate larger scale projects
- Applicants must be Australian residents and registered ADA member dentists or students
- Applications can be made on behalf of a cross-functional team of oral health practitioners including oral health therapists and hygienists
- Applicants must demonstrate outstanding involvement in a community oral health program or project
- Clearly describe community need for support, and where possible provide current and relevant statistics about the local community
- Demonstrate why the current project is timely for the community
- Describe how oral health education is one element of the application and
- Outline anticipated outcomes and measurement approach
For further information please email us at email@example.com